Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Playlist : August 15th - 19th, 2011

Good day to you Tunesters.

It's been a sunny if uneventful week here in sleepy Perth. My only news is that Miss 4, my eldest child, is now officially Miss 5. The Michael Jackson - Thriller 25th Anniversary picture disc vinyl I bought her went down a treat. We haven't played it yet, but those zombies are going to look pretty awesome at 33rpm.

So, on to the music. This week I'm spinning Gotye's Like Drawing Blood album just because I really love the new single and can't wait for the new Gotye album. Speaking of new albums, I have the hot new collaboration between Jay-Z and Kanye, a new one from the 'Gurge and Juliana Hatfield's most recent release. Also in there is Joan Jett & the Blackhearts because I've been looking for some 'girl' bands to get my daughters into. Finally, along with some other stuff, the 1992 AUS tour EP from Nirvana, Hormoaning. I probably should have bought this when I had the chance all those moons ago in Record Finder, Fremantle; it would have been a lot cheaper than it is now.

Check it out.
  1. The Donnas
  2. Sound Providers
  3. Jay Farrar
  4. Neko Case
  5. Led Zeppelin
Song of the Week : Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song

This week I reaffirmed what of course everybody already knows. Zeppelin rules! I put Led Zep II on my playlist and it made sweet sweet love to my ears. Yesterday after a really hard day, I slipped into the office at home, hopped on the bike and pressed play on Remasters on CD. And then I cranked it. Me, the bike, the Xbox and Led Zep were all tucked in my man cave and everything outside wasn’t there anymore and I didn’t feel quite so stressed. I almost fell in love with rock all over again.

This song, Immigrant Song, I realised is just about the heaviest god damn piece of rock on the planet. Now I’m not one for your Swedish Death Metal bands and the like, and I know there are bands that are like rotting corpses as far as black metal goes, but damn it if this Zep tracks doesn't make you feel Satan’s cold cloven hand on your soul as he pulls it out of your throat and it makes that Aaaaahhaaaahhhhhuuuuh sound that Plant sings.

I also picked it for the title because I’ve been a little pissed off at online douchebags blaming immigration for the London riots. Bigots! Turn this up loud boys and salute the dark master of rock n roll \m/

Adieu
So there we have it. So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, adieu (sorry if that made you sing the song...).

Until next week, asalaam alikum.

No comments:

Post a Comment