Friday, May 28, 2010

Song of the Week 21/05/2010

Jackson Browne - Take It Easy

This week I have discovered that there's more to Jackson Browne than Running on Empty and Stay that always get played at my Step Dad's when he listens to 94.5FM. My sojourn into Browne land (wait.. what?!) began when I discovered a 70s channel on iTunes radio. I was taken by how everything Pop and Rock from the 70s (remember, my usual 70s fare is Funk and Punk) seemed to be smothered in a sort of stoned honey. Everything sounded like someone gave Van Morrison some Valium and told him to sing about nature - smooth and mellow and copacetic. It sounded like a nice way to be on the inside.

So I got hold of some Jackson Browne. I could have picked any song of the Best Of that I got, but I chose this one because this was the first time I had heard it and I had no idea that he wrote it and not The Eagles. On another note, I also found out he wrote Fountain Of Sorrow. I'd always assumed that was a Joan Baez song because it seemed to be so much about her and Dylan. Maybe that's why she chose to cover it, or maybe Browne wrote it about them, but man those words sound like hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment