Friday, June 4, 2010

Song of the Week 04/06/10

Liked the Dave Rawlings album I played this week. One track in particular was a stand out. It made SOTW. My email:

Last week I happened upon The Dave Rawlings Machine playing live on NPR and a video of a performance of To Be Young (Is To Be Sad, Is To Be High) which Rawlings co-wrote with Ryan Adams. Turns out the songs played were from Rawlings' solo album Friend of a Friend, so I thought I'd check it out. It's kind of like a Gillian Welch album with drunken vocals. It's a hoot.

I chose this song, Ruby, because I like the melody and the tone of the song. It sounds almost like it comes from the early 70s school of country rock - like a lost and newly mastered Gram Parsons track. I think it's groovy. I hope you enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment