Friday, April 16, 2010

Song of the Week 16/04/2010

Tim Rogers & the Twin Set - Happy Anniversary

I chose this song this week, not just for the obvious reason that my 8th wedding anniversary is this Wednesday the 21st, or that other Song of the Week participants have just had or are having theirs. That was part of the reason, but also because I hadn't heard the What Rhymes With Cars & Girls album in a while. When I finally added it to my iPod, I was instantly reminded what a favourite it is. I can barely fault a single track on it.

This particular track, Happy Anniversary, meanders along with a shuffle like a Sunday hangover as it tells of a world-weary, almost cynical married couple who none-the-less are very much in lurve - while the Mister of the piece owns up to his inadequacies and wants to celebrate their union with another binge.

Brilliant work Mr Rogers.

No comments:

Post a Comment