Monday, May 9, 2011

Playlist May 16th - 20th, 2011

So Blogger has been a bit of a pain in the proverbial lately, huh? I haven't had a lot of time to write this post, so forgive the briefness and any typos.

Let's just get straight into the music, shall we? This week comes with a couple of new albums, some new discoveries and a bizarre collection of ukulele tracks from Mr E.Vedder.
  1. Bruce Springsteen
  2. Pretenders
  3. Paul Kelly
  4. Black
  5. Don Henley
Song of the Week : Pretenders - The Wait
Last weekend, I managed to get a stack of wax for cheaps. One of the LPs I got was the Pretenders debut. I had obviously heard Brass In Pocket before, but that was about it. So when I got it home and slipped it on the turntable while playing Skate 3 with Mr Kelly architect, I was rather impressed with what I heard. They have a very listenable post punk pop rock sound. A little like X-ray Specks and a bit like The Police. I wasn't aware of that. If you haven’t heard the album, I recommend a listen. Here is one cut that rawks out a bit, The Wait. I’ve heard that main rhythm riff (duh duh duh duh duuuuh) a hundred times since I reckon. The walking bassline and the jangle just goes off. Chrissie Hynde \m/

Outro
I have a template for this blog post, and the standard title I wrote is Outro and right here the placeholder text says "This is my outro bitches". So, yeah. This is it.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment