Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Playlist : May 9th - 13th, 2011

Hello and welcome to Work Tunes.

This week's list is devoted to a recent haul of cheap second hand vinyl I scored at Melville Markets. I've become a tad addicted to buying wax, so it helped the wallet (and my marriage) a lot that these were such bargains. I managed to pick up a couple of LPs on my Amazon wish list as well as some albums I'd never heard but only cost $2. At least one of which was well worth it.

Here's most of what I bought. I left off The Man From Snowy River soundtrack because it wasn't for me. I also left off Joni Mitchell - Blue because it was on a recent list.
  1. 50 Cent
  2. Blondie
  3. Drapht
  4. John Mellencamp
  5. Bingethinkers
Song of the Week : JEFF the Brotherhood - Mellow Out
For this week’s song, I’ve gone with a band I just discovered. JEFF the Brotherhood are a little punky, a lot of grungey and a little bit pop. Their album, We Are The Champions, is a bit of fuzzy fun. This track, Mellow Out has more than a pinch of Weezer in it. I chose it for the Weezer sound, but also to remind myself I need to mellow out this weekend and wash the week off me. Out, out damned spot! I hope you like this little punk pop ditty.

See You Real Soon
Happy Mother's Day to all the Australian Mums and their Mums and even theirs. Until next week, may we not misquote MLK, but instead apply the rule of law in all contexts, to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment