Saturday, December 17, 2011

Song of the Week December 16th, 2011


Elizabeth Cook - El Camino

My song this week is just something a little fun from a free set I got via Noisetrade, The Best of American Songwriter Sessions The compilation features a few bands I know and love like Vetiver and some artists I’d never heard, like Elizabeth Cook.

This song El Camino can best be described as Redneck Rockabilly Country Blues. It’s a very Americana sound  but it doesn’t take itself very seriously. The lyrics highlight the fun of it all with every single redneck cliché there is, including the car from the title, mullet hairdos, fishing, booze, roller derby and Friday night fights. It’s got me interested in hearing more of what Elizabeth Cook has to offer, just to see if this a novelty song for her or it’s her regular sound.



Yeeehaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment